DNA Relationship Testing by easyDNA USA
DNA relationship testing can be used to verify the existence of biological relationships between relatives. Types of relationship tests include Sibling DNA testing which can be used to confirm if alleged siblings are related or not. Relationship tests can also be extended to include other family members such Aunts/Uncles and Grandparents.
easyDNA offers relationship testing starting at only $249.
Relationship testing is particularly useful in situations where the alleged father is not available for a standard paternity test and the siblings want to establish whether they share the same father or not. It is also possible to use other members of the family, such as aunts, uncles, nieces or nephews and determine whether there is any biological relationship. These tests are more complex than paternity test; moreover the type of test will depend on who is available for testing and their sex.
List of tests offered
Please review the information to learn more about the different tests available.
Choose the test you require. Should you have any questions about the test or not sure which one is best for your case, contact us directly or request a callback.
DNA testing for siblings Order Now
A sibling DNA test is ideal when two or more siblings want to verify whether they are genetically related or not. It can also be used to determine if they are half siblings, full siblings or whether they are not related at all.
In the case of all relationship testing, we recommended that a known parent (normally the Mother) is included in the test to strengthen the result.
- A Y chromosome test can be carried out if the siblings being tested are all male and wish to discover whether they have the same birth father or different birth fathers. This test determines male lineage. Visit our Y chromosome testing page for more information on this test.
- If the siblings being tested are females and want to know if they share the same biological father they will require an X chromosome test. Including the mother's samples is necessary for the test if the females share the same mother. For more information about this test, visit our X chromosome testing page.
- An MtDNA test can be carried out if siblings are either sex and wish to determine maternal lineage. Visit our mtDNA testing page for more details on this type of test.
The cost of the sibling test is $249; The cost may vary depending on how many people participate. Results are normally sent within 3 to 5 working days from when we receive the samples at the laboratory.
Ready to order your sibling test or another of our range of DNA testing services? >>> Proceed to Order
For instructions on how to collect your samples visit our DNA sample collection guide. If you need to submit a sample other than an oral swab, we suggest that you read the information we provide about our DNA forensic testing services.
Some further reading
We also recommend that you review the following information:
- STR Testing Methodology - Explanation on how STR analysis (an abbreviation for Short Tandem Repeat) is performed. This is one method of analysis we use in our tests and is often carried out for relationship testing.
- How to interpret the result of your Relationship test -This page will explain important terminology and salient aspects of your relationship test results such as the probability of relationship, the combined first order index and much more.
Order your siblings test today. Alternatively contact us to discuss your relationship DNA testing requirements.